Join our Ocean Discovery Rangers on Tuesday & Friday mornings, and discover your love for the Ocean through the eyes of your toddler!
Our sessions are aimed at your Ocean Todds between 2 and 4 years old, and their guardians, and take place every Tuesday and Friday between 10:30am and 11:30am, in our Waves Café!
With adventures around the Aquarium, crafts, songs and stories, our Toddler sessions are the perfect way to immerse your little ones in the magic that the Ocean has to offer.BOOK NOW
November Lesson Plans! Please note that Tuesday and Friday sessions have the same content
21/11 & 24/11 Theme of Session- Indo-Pacific Finless Porpoise
This week we’re meeting a strange little cetacean, the Indo-Pacific Finless Porpoise! These relatives of the dolphin are unique because they’re missing a dorsal fin- but today we’re going to change that. Pin the fin on the porpoise anyone?
28/11 & 1/12 Theme of Session- Deep Sea Safari
This week at Todds we’re going on a Deep Sea Safari to see what interesting creatures hide below the waves. We’ll be meeting some sharks, some octopus and perhaps the scariest thing that lurks at the bottom of the Ocean…
Ocean Todds in the Wild
Ocean Todds is heading into the wild! Join us from 1-2.30pm on Saturday 30th December at Mount Batten Beach to discover more about the incredible creatures living in our rockpools and clean up our beach at the same time. We’ll venture around the rocky shore and use science and storytelling to understand more about our local wildlife. We’ll also be taking part in a beach clean-up as we go, to make sure the rockpools are nice and clean for any critters we find!
Ocean Todds Development Goals
The Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage says that “Good parenting and high-quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.”
Within this Framework are 17 ‘Early Learning Goals’, designed to define the level of development children should have attained by the end of Foundation.
We have our own set of 11 Todds Goals, which are simplified versions of those set out in the Statutory Framework. Each Ocean Todds session is planned with these goals in mind and is intended to help support your child’s development in several of these areas.
Terms and conditions:
- Please note, you must have valid tickets to enter the National Marine Aquarium.
- Ocean Todds is for 2 – 4 year olds. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age range for Ocean Todds, who are accompanying participants, are welcome to sit quietly whist the session is taking place.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but we will be able to move your booking to another session.
- All adults and any child over the age of 3, must have a valid annual pass to enter the National Marine Aquarium. To book your tickets (including complimentary tickets), please click here: Book Now
- If you have any queries regarding Ocean Todds at The Aquarium please email: Mia.firstname.lastname@example.org
|Benefits of our mailing list|
|Receive updates of new and similar events|
|Be the first to get the following terms overview|
|Get reminders of upcoming dates|