Here at the National Marine Aquarium, we offer a variety of immersive and engaging opportunities for Community Groups to develop understanding and appreciation of our Ocean environment
You are eligible for a community group booking rate if you are:
- a Plymouth based registered charity
- a uniform group e.g. Scouts, guides, sea scouts etc,
- a community or local interest group registered to a PL1-PL12 postcode
- human health & mental and physical wellbeing organisation
All groups must be able to provide proof of registration on arrival.
What we offer
Community Explorer visit
Visit the UK’s largest Aquarium. Our exhibits offer a therapeutic and inspirational space for community groups, allowing you to come face-to-face with your favourite sea-creatures during explorer visits. Experience the full wonder of the Ocean and its enchanting habitats, from the secret world of Atlantic rockpools to breath-taking tropical seas.
Tickets must be pre-ordered for 6 people or more. These are charged at £10 per adult and £8 per child (age 3 – 15).
Each ticket will be sent out to the address provided at the time of booking and can be used individually, no need to come as a group. Ticket holders must be sure to pre-book their visiting time before arriving. This can be done by booking our Complimentary Entry – Return visits and Complimentary tickets option though our website and present these tickets on arrival.
- Tickets must be pre-ordered for 6 people or more.
- Pre-paid community ticket must be shown on arrival or standard day admission rates will be charged, the booking confirmation is not valid in place of the tickets
- Please bring proof in the form of a letter or ID that ticket holders are associated with a community group
- Valid for one day entry only. These tickets are not valid for evening or ticketed events.
- Please note that these tickets do not come with a year pass. To receive a year pass please upgrade your tickets to standard day tickets.
For enquiries or to book please contact our Community Engagement team at:
Virtual Community Tours
We appreciate that coming to us is not always possible, so we are now offering Virtual Tours of the National Marine Aquarium. Meet some of our favourite Ocean creatures in a jam-packed hour of fun, or sit back and relax as we guide you through our therapeutic and inspirational exhibits. We can adapt this virtual tour to fit your groups needs and interests.
These 1-hour virtual tours are £80 and are hosted by our amazing team of Ocean Discovery Rangers.
If you would like more information about our Virtual Community Tours, please contact us on: Community@oceanconservationtrust.org
The National Marine Aquarium (NMA) is the UK’s largest aquarium, located in Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth. It is run by the Ocean Conservation Trust, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the Ocean.Find Out More