Immerse yourself with our variety of yoga options in front of our stunning tanks, right here in the heart of Plymouth!
We offer two types of Yoga at The Aquarium; Ashtanga Yoga and Gentle Hatha Yoga.
With any of these options, you’ll be relaxing in front of our stunning and serene Eddystone Reef Exhibit, which showcases all the native species to Plymouth!
Gentle Hatha Yoga
Ashtanga Yoga is more dynamic and energetic, making it perfect for those who want a work out as well as a work in. This aims to calm and steady the mind, and is often known as a ‘meditation in motion’, moving the body to still the mind. Multi level options are offered so you can choose what works best for you and how much you want to challenge yourself. Expect an energising yet calming class that will hopefully leave you smiling.
Gentle Hatha: A great choice for beginners or those looking for a more relaxed, less intense experience! It is performed at a slower pace, with less strenuous positions, and usually includes extended time for meditation, breath work and relaxtion.
Ashtanga Yoga sessions are on the first Tuesday of the month.
Gentle Hatha Yoga session dates are on the second Tuesday of the month. (Starting March 2023)
To hear the latest about our new dates and offers, then join our mailing list!
Terms and conditions:
- Please arrive shortly before the session starts. If you are able to bring your own yoga mat, please do, but we have clean sanitized mats available for you if not.
- If you have not arrived by 6:10pm you will not be able to take part in the session – We perform a warmup promptly at just after this time.
- This is a physical activity; you are responsible for your own fitness levels when taking part in these yoga sessions. Please let the instructor know of any injuries or issues before the session starts.
- Please note that tickets are non-refundable
- Please use our Functions and Events doors on Teat’s Hill to enter the Aquarium. (Pictured below)
Our Ocean-linked yoga classes will be delivered in front of our Eddystone Reef tank and are a perfect way to develop your yoga practise. Suitable for adults of varying abilities, our Gentle Hatha classes will leave you feeling more flexible, toned, and connected with yourself and the Ocean. Expect Ocean sounds, essential oils, mindfulness meditations, and an overall sense of wellbeing.