The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity focussed on connecting people with the ocean, habitat restoration and behaviour change. It owns and runs the National Marine Aquarium, one of the Southwest’s top tourist attractions.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Events/Functions Supervisor with a passion for delivering a culinary experience with exemplary guest service at the National Marine Aquarium. You must have a strong background in supervising the delivery of a top class service for a variety of functions and events with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team to deliver excellent experiences.
This is a permanent contract working up to 30 hours per week at £13.90 per hour. The responsibilities and skills for this role are outlined below:
Supporting the Hospitality Manager you will:
· Lead and deliver the requirements of all out of hours events as the primary contact.
· Lead and inspire staff to excel in customer care to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers.
· Ensure that all staff are fully conversant with all procedures/systems necessary to carry out their duties.
We are looking for someone who:
· Can lead, direct, and motivate a team of waiting, bar staff and kitchen porters.
· Excels in customer service and has an instinct for delivering the ultimate experience especially when under pressure.
· Is self-motivated with an innovative mind and unafraid to put forward solutions in a collaborative way.
· Is willing to work flexibly.
· Has good organisational and administration skills.
To apply: Please email your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to Victoria Spurdle, Hospitality Manager: Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org – CV’s sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing Date: Tuesday 13th February 2024.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19th February 2024.
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility in the form of a passport or birth certificate.
The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.Back to Work With Us