Friday the Green Turtle is one of our most charismatic animals. He resides in our Atlantic Ocean Exhibit, the largest and deepest tank in the UK. Friday came to the National Marine Aquarium from Bournemouth Oceanarium in 2017 and has lived here happily ever since.
He lives with our Sand Tigers Sharks, Lemon Shark, Nurse Sharks, massive Southern Stingray and countless fish!
If you want to see Friday, you can book a ticket for the Aquarium here. Please note, Friday is a wild animal so you can’t always see him in the tank.
If you want to guarantee meeting Friday why not book our Feed The Turtle at The Aquarium experience.
- Friday is a Green Sea Turtle
- He weighs approximately 20 stone
- He’s feed a diet of primarily vegetables (he loves lettuce)
- In the wild, Friday would eat seagrass
- His shell grows with him throughout his life
- His shell is made of the same material as your fingernails
Bringing Friday to Plymouth
Watch the video below of his transport from Bournemouth to Plymouth.