COVID19 | What changes have we made?
We are delighted to announce that the National Marine Aquarium is reopening on Monday 6th July.
This is the end of a difficult time for us, so your visit means everything. We are so excited for you to visit so you can be inspired by our amazing animals and connect with our Ocean.
During your visit things might look a little different and we just want to let you know about some of the precautions we have put in place to make sure you are safe.
- We have moved to online tickets only and will be reducing our capacity to make sure you are safe during your visit. It is really important that you book your timed ticket slot online before visiting. This applies to all ticket types, including free return passes and complimentary tickets.
- These timed ticket slots will mean minimal queuing and means you will have plenty of space during your visit. When booking your tickets we ask that you read our visitor charter (you can read it at the bottom of the page too), that will outline what we are doing to keep you safe and how you can keep yourself and others safe during your visit.
- We will of course be implementing social distancing measures to ensure the safety of our visitors and our staff. You will see things like protective barriers, floor markings and PPE on some of our staff.
- To help with social distancing, we now have a one-way system in place. This is clearly marked out, but we will have staff on hand around the building to help you. By taking this route you will see everything our Aquarium has to offer and it will take you though our 4 Zones from Plymouth Sound all the way to the Great Barrier Reef. There is even a chance to restart your journey so you can see it all again.
- Floor markings will help you keep a safe distance from other visitors and the glass of our tanks. There will also be plenty of opportunity to wash your hands at our hand washing and sanitising stations dotted all around the Aquarium.
- Take away food and drink is available so you can enjoy from our garden snack shack. Please only eat and drink in the designated picnic areas which are clearly signposted. We even have a garden that you can enjoy your picnic in.
- Our site is now cashless so please make sure you bring your card for any purchases.
- All picnic areas, benches, toilet facilities and exhibit areas are being kept squeaky clean by our brilliant, attentive staff who are on new schedules to ensure these areas are properly sanitised throughout the day.
Our Aquarium is a charity run by the Ocean Conservation Trust – by purchasing a ticket you become a part of our ocean conservation team!
Talk to us, we will do everything we can to make your visit enjoyable.
As you can see things have changed a little and we will continue to adapt as time goes on to make sure you all have a great day out. We can’t wait for you to see our amazing animals. Sea you soon!Book Now
The National Marine Aquarium (NMA) is the UK’s largest aquarium, located in Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth. It is run by the Ocean Conservation Trust, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the Ocean.Find Out More