The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity with a mission of ‘Connecting us with our Ocean’.
We’re committed to conserving the marine environment and inspiring others to do the same. The Discovery and Learning Team at the National Marine Aquarium is looking to recruit a part time (12 hours a week over 7 days) member of staff to join our Host team.
As a Host you will interact with public and school visitors, both on a one-to-one basis and through scheduled shows, workshops and activity sessions. Your main aim will be to provide as much help and information as possible to improve our visitors’ experience and engage them with the marine environment. Some evening shifts will be required to run our public engagement evenings.
Strong applicants who meet the essential criteria below will be invited for interview. Salary is paid hourly at National Minimum Wage for under 25s and National Living Wage for those 25 or over.
Download Job Description – L1 Aquarium Host
• Interest and enthusiasm for/knowledge of marine wildlife and conservation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Able to demonstrate flexibility in work pattern
• Relevant background (marine biology, conservation, environment, education)
• Experience working with children, young people and/or adults in a school or other educational setting
• Experience of environmental education sessions and activities.
To apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to:
or email: Lottie.Hawkins@national-aquarium.co.uk
Closing Date: 9:00am 9th September
Interview date: Week commencing 16th September
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The National Marine Aquarium Limited welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.