This summer, we are excited to launch our Snorkel Safaris, right here in the heart of Plymouth Sound. For just £17.99 per person, you’ll have the perfect oppor—tuna-ty to discover the wonders of the Ocean as we head outside of the Aquarium and explore local UK waters.
- Taking place every Saturday at Mount Batten Beach
- Sessions last for 90 minutes
- Cost £17.99 per person, includes all equipment (or you can bring your own)
- Lead by fully qualified BSAC Snorkel Instructors who are all marine conservationists too!
Taking place every Saturday* at Mount Batten Beach, these sessions are aimed at those wanting to take the first steps into snorkelling. Our Ocean Discovery Rangers are fully qualified BSAC Snorkel Instructors, and will be on hand each step of the way. Over one and a half hours, you will learn how to use snorkel equipment, cover basic snorkel techniques and explore everything that the Ocean has to offer.
Don’t have a snorkel or a wetsuit?
You can borrow one from us, when booking simply let us know what size you’ll need. We can provide a wet suit, snorkel or mask at no extra cost.
*weather and sea state dependent
Why book onto a Snorkel Safari?
Our snorkel safaris are open water sessions, which requires generally good physical fitness and health. Please note, children must be over the age of 8 to take place, and all participants must be confident swimmers, being able to swim 25m unassisted. Children between 8 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult in water at all time.
Please let us know if you or any participants in your party have any additional health concerns, including: history of diabetes, black-outs (epilepsy, etc.) perforated eardrums, grommets, high blood pressure or heart disease, any lung or respiratory disorder, dependence on drugs or has tested ‘Positive’ for COVID-19.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com or call 01752 275217Book now
What to bring:
- Wetsuit (unless you are borrowing from us)
- Snorkel kit (unless you are borrowing from us)
- Beach shoes/wetsuit boots (must be able to fasten shut)
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Rash vest
- Beach towel
- Warm clothing
- Any medication (please make staff aware on arrival)
Please arrive to the snorkel session beach ready, as there are no changing facilities on Mount Batten Beach itself, although there are public toilets available nearby.
Terms and Conditions
In the event that the snorkel session in cancelled due to weather, we can offer:
- Movement onto an alternative snorkel session
- Free entry to the National Marine Aquarium for the day you were due to snorkel (does not include a complimentary annual pass)
- A full refund to your original payment method
The National Marine Aquarium reserves the right to refuse participation in the session if the leader feels that the participant is not a competent swimmer or the correct age.
- 26/06/2021 10:00
- 03/07/2021 13:00
- 10/07/2021 10:00
- 24/07/2021 10:00
- 31/07/2021 10:00
- 07/08/2021 13:00
- 14/08/2021 10:00
- 21/08/2021 13:00
- 28/08/2021 10:00
- 04/09/2021 13:00
- 11/09/2021 10:00
- 18/09/2021 13:00
- 25/09/2021 10:00
- 02/10/2021 13:00
- 09/10/2021 10:00
- 16/10/2021 13:00
- 23/10/2021 10:00
- 30/10/2021 10:00