- These sessions will run over four weeks each Saturday.
- Aimed at people who have snorkelled previously, or who are confident in the water.
- Locations will vary each week and will include; Mount Batten, Firestone Bay, Bovisands and new for 2022 Drake’s Island!
- Sessions last for 90 minutes each week
- Cost £78.00 per person which includes all four sessions and all equipment (or you can bring your own)
- Lead by fully qualified BSAC Snorkel Instructors who are all marine conservationists too!
National Marine Park Snorkel Club sessions are aimed at people who have snorkelled previously, or who are confident in the water. While a lesson on how to use equipment will be given, the focus will be on exploring the incredible diversity of marine life in the National Marine Park at four different locations over four weeks. We’ll explore the waters around Plymouth Sound including Mount Batten, Firestone Bay, Bovisand and an exclusive snorkel on Drake’s Island.
2022 Dates (price includes all four weeks)
- Session 1: 13/08/22
- Session 2: 20/08/22
- Session 3: 27/08/22
- Session 4: 03/09/22
For any queries, please contact email@example.com or call 01752 275217
Don’t have a snorkel or a wetsuit?
You can borrow one from us, when booking simply let us know what size you’ll need. We can provide a wet suit, snorkel or mask at no extra cost.
*weather and sea state dependent
What to bring:
- Wetsuit (unless you are borrowing from us)
- Snorkel kit (unless you are borrowing from us)
- Beach shoes/wetsuit boots (must be able to fasten shut)
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Rash vest
- Beach towel
- Warm clothing
- Any medication (please make staff aware on arrival)
Please arrive to the snorkel session beach ready, as there are no changing facilities on Mount Batten Beach itself, although there are public toilets available nearby.
Terms and Conditions
In the event that the snorkel session in cancelled due to weather, we can offer:
- Movement onto an alternative snorkel session
- Free entry to the National Marine Aquarium for the day you were due to snorkel (does not include a complimentary annual pass)
- A full refund to your original payment method
Please be aware tickets are non-refundable, but we will be able to move your booking to another session.
The National Marine Aquarium reserves the right to refuse participation in the session if the leader feels that the participant is not a competent swimmer or the correct age.
Our snorkel safaris are open water sessions, which requires generally good physical fitness and health. Please note, that children must be over the age of 8 to take place, and all participants must be confident swimmers, being able to swim 25m unassisted. Children between 8 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times.
Please let us know if you or any participants in your party have any additional health concerns, including: history of diabetes, black-outs (epilepsy, etc.) perforated eardrums, grommets, high blood pressure or heart disease, any lung or respiratory disorder, dependence on drugs or has tested ‘Positive’ for COVID-19.