A lot has happened since March 2020, months closed without income, reopening with changes to the way we do things, whilst working to keep everyone safe and happy.
With most restrictions lifting on Monday 19th July, we wanted to let you know some things that will change, and some things that won’t.
What we will continue to do for you
- Limit the number of visitors on-site at the Aquarium at once.
- Provide facilities to wash or sanitise hands in each area of the Aquarium. [Explore Aquarium zones here]
- Regularly check and sanitise our exhibit areas, picnic areas and toilets.
- Require all members of staff and volunteers to wear face coverings, unless exempt.
What we ask you to do
- In line with the government’s current advice regarding wearing a face covering indoors, we require all visitors over the age of 11 to wear face coverings when indoors, unless exempt.
- Prebook your tickets prior to arrival using our online bookings system and use contactless payments onsite where possible. Contactless payments are available by bank card, apple pay or android payments and are limited to £45 per transaction.
- Follow the one-way customer journey and avoid travelling against the flow. There are opportunities to re-start your journey.
- Treat all staff and other visitors with respect.
- Have FUN! And learn lots about the Ocean.
Please do not visit the NMA if you or anyone in your party is showing symptoms of COVID-19 related ill health.
Please do not visit the NMA if you or anyone in your party has had contact within the past 14 days with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 related ill-health.
To ensure the safety of all our customers and staff, we retain the right to refuse entry. If our team feels your behaviour is inappropriate and doesn’t fit with our Visitor Charter set out above, you will be asked to leave immediately.Book your tickets to visit