The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity with a mission of ‘Connecting us with our Ocean’.
We are committed to conserving the marine environment and inspiring others to do the same. The Discovery and Learning Team at the Ocean Conservation Trust is looking to recruit a member of staff to join our Schools Engagement Team at the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth.
As a Schools Officer, you will work with students of all ages in a cross curricular setting. Duties will include:
- Running a wide range of educational sessions, including classroom-based workshops, Aquarium exhibit tours, stage presentations and large-scale event support.
- Contributing to our behaviour change programme by promoting Ocean conservation action though fun and engaging experiences.
- Supporting the administration of school bookings, event planning and other administrative tasks as required.
Strong applicants who meet the essential criteria below will be invited for interview. Salary is £21,400pa and hours are 37.5 over 7 days.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree level qualification in biological or environmental science related subject
- Experience leading activities with young people
- Experience working as part of a team
- Designing activities with a formal education outcome
- Interest & enthusiasm for marine wildlife.
- Ability to plan sessions & develop activities
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 22nd September
Interview date(s): 20th / 21st October.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The National Marine Aquarium Limited welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.
- A two-minute (max) video in which you present ’something fun’ about an Ocean linked subject of your choosing. Intended audience: 8–10-year-old school children.
- Your CV setting out any relevant experience and your suitability for the role.
- The completed Schools Officer Application Form.