Ocean Discovery Ranger – Level 1 – 24 hours over 7 days – 2 year fixed term contract
The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity with a mission of ‘Connecting us with our Ocean’.
We are committed to conserving the marine environment and inspiring others to do the same. The Discovery and Learning Team at the Ocean Conservation Trust is looking to recruit a member of staff to join our Ocean Discovery Rangers.
As an Ocean Discovery Ranger you will interact with the public and communities both at our hub the National Marine Aquarium and through our many ocean discovery activities and events. Your main aim will be to contribute to our behaviour change programme promoting ocean conservation action though fun and engaging experiences. Some evening shifts will be required to run our public engagement evenings.
Strong applicants who meet the essential criteria below will be invited for interview. Salary is national minimum or living wage per hour.
- Interest and enthusiasm for/knowledge of marine wildlife and conservation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in work pattern.
- Relevant background (marine biology, conservation, environment, education).
- Experience working with children, young people and/or adults in an informal or formal educational setting.
- Experience of environmental education sessions and activities.
To apply: Please send the following to Lottie.Hawkins@oceanconservationtrust.org clearly stating which role you are applying for:
- CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role,
- The completed application form.
- Two-minute max video presenting an introduction to one of the following topics: Ocean Acidification, Sustainable Fishing, Marine Protected Areas, Marine Pollution, Habitat Restoration. – This can simply be filmed using your phone, we will only be assessing your presentation style, not your special effects skills.
If you are having trouble sending this all over in one email, please send over your whole application via wetransfer.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
Closing Date: Midnight 11th April.
Interview date: Week commencing 26th April.
Ideal start date: on or before 17th May.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The National Marine Aquarium Limited welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.Back to Work With Us