The Ocean Conservation Trust and National Marine Aquarium are entering an exciting period in the groups’ history and we have an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to join our team as our Finance Manager!
Our vision is a world where the Ocean is thriving, healthy, and sustainably protected for generations to come. We are looking for a Finance Manager who will thrive in the knowledge that by taking responsibility for the day-to-day financial transactions across the OCT group, and assisting the Head of Finance in delivering our strategic programmes, and meeting our statutory obligations, they are directly contributing to the delivery of our mission – to inspire a global movement to promote and encourage a wave of positive behaviour towards our Ocean.
- Responsible for day-to-day financial processes including sales and purchase ledger, bank and cash reconciliation, payroll, intercompany transactions and month end reconciliations and compliance with complex VAT arrangements.
- Assist the Head of Finance in providing a comprehensive financial and administrative support service to the group.
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring that financial recording and administrative procedures run smoothly and meet relevant legal standards and quality management systems.
- Play an active role in and work collaboratively with the Extended Management Team
- Manage and mentor the finance assistant, who covers purchase ledger and cash office functions.
- Live and breathe our values of Positivity, Respect, Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion and Engagement
- Process, reconcile, and analyse all transactions including Bank, VAT, Inter-company Balances, Prepayments and Accruals accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the full month end process ensuring all income and expenditure is accurately recorded including journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the payroll and pension administration and complete all relevant PAYE and HMRC returns.
- Optimise and develop the benefit of any appropriate technology and systems.
- Support the Head of Finance in preparing for annual audits including the preparation of supporting schedules and evidence.
- Stay up to date with all relevant sector changes, training and CPD necessary for the role and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation.
- Support and provide cover at busy times for the wider finance department.
- To always work in line with the OCT Mission and Values, working with others to provide a supportive, responsive environment and service.
- To always present a positive image of OCT, through every aspect of your work.
- Be minimum AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Accurate, analytical with exceptional attention to detail
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Be a team player who can support every area of the finance function. Can build relationships across the team and be adaptable.
- Be a good communicator who can work under pressure, prioritise and adapt to change.
- Have significant accounts experience.
- A knowledge of charity accounting and trading subsidiaries is desirable but not essential.
- Be highly IT literate and confident at learning new systems and maximizing their use.
- Be a good communicator.
- Have experience in Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced person with a strong work ethic looking to work in a fast-paced environment.
£31,000 – £33,000 dependent upon experience
For an informal conversation about the role please call Rachel Dawson 01752 229300.
To apply: Please send your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to: Rachel Dawson – Recruitment Manager: email@example.com
CVs will be reviewed as they come in.
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.Back to Work With Us