Thank you for supporting our charity.
To ensure that everyone has a great visit, you are required to read the following Visitor Charter and follow the changes we have made to our operations.
- Do not visit the NMA if you or anyone in your party is showing symptoms of COVID-19 related ill health.
- Do not visit the NMA if you or anyone in your party has had contact within the past 14 days with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 related ill-health.
What we will do
- Limit the number of visitors on-site at the Aquarium at once.
- Provide facilities to wash or sanitize hands in each area of the Aquarium.
- Regularly check and sanitise our exhibit areas, picnic areas and toilets.
- Require all members of staff and volunteers to wear face coverings, unless exempt.
What we ask you to do
- In line with the government’s current advice regarding wearing a face covering indoors, we request and advise all visitors over the age of 11 to wear face coverings when indoors, unless exempt.
- Prebook your tickets prior to arrival using our online bookings system and use contactless payments onsite where possible. Contactless payments are available by bank card, apple pay or android payments and are limited to £45 per transaction.
- Follow the one-way customer journey and avoid travelling against the flow. There are opportunities to re-start your journey.
- Treat all staff and other visitors with respect.
- Have FUN! And learn lots about the Ocean.
This Visitor Charter forms part of our continued action to protect our staff and visitors regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure the safety of all our customers and staff, we retain the right to refuse entry. If our team feels your behaviour is inappropriate and doesn’t fit with our Visitor Charter set out above, you will be asked to leave immediately.
The National Marine Aquarium (NMA) is the UK’s largest aquarium, located in Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth. It is run by the Ocean Conservation Trust, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the Ocean.Find Out More