Ocean Squad is an exciting new club for teenagers here at the National Marine Aquarium. Ocean Squad is perfect for any teen with a passion for the marine world! You’ll be joining our amazing public engagement team each day for fun and exciting adventures linked to our oceans. You’ll get the chance to experience restricted areas of the Aquarium, work with our scientists to build a renewable energy generators, create short conservation films, take part in a real sailing adventure out on Plymouth Sound and much more.
Next Ocean Squad Dates
Tuesday 29th August to Saturday 2nd September
What is included?
- 5 Days of amazing activities! From Cooking Sustainable Seafood to Sailing on a Tallship! Every day is different!
- Lanyard & ID giving you a whole year of access to the Aquarium
- Ocean Squad T-Shirt
- 1 year membership to MBA’s Young Marine Biologist Programme
- USB to store your Ocean Squad adventures on
- Certificate of completion
How to get involved?
Once you’ve booked your place, (here) all the information you will need to take part in Ocean Squad will be sent to you a couple of weeks before the start of the event. If you feel like you need to contact us:
- Email on: email@example.com
- Or phone: 01752 275233 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
We would love to hear from you!
We hope that you wouldn’t want to give your place away, but if you would like a refund simply email and let us know. Please note, due to having to fill places and having to purchase resources, the following refunds will be offered.
- 100% Refund for over 1 month notice.
- 50% Refund 2 weeks- 1 month notice.
- No fund for less than 2 weeks notice.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Comfortable clothes- there will be lots of moving around and doing things.
- Good walking shoes- please do not wear flip-flops, open toe shoes or high-heels.
- Enthusiasm for the Ocean
Each day we’ll have two activity packed sessions (but don’t worry you’ll be with us for lunch in between!)
We don’t want to give everything away, but here are some clues to what we’ll be doing!
- #1 Welcome to the team!
- #2 Protective gloves, lab coats and safety specs.
- #3 Fishy meals
- #4 Generating energy
- #5 Really rubbish day
- #6 Ocean Adventure
- #7/8 Creative conservation
- #9 Beach fun times
- #10 Show time!
What happens next?
Confirmed your place? Excellent, here’s what will happen.
- A couple of weeks before you start Ocean Squad, we will send you a welcome pack with all the information you should need.
- Here you will find some information for you to keep, such as contact details to get hold of us and also some bits which are really important to send back to us.
- You will find a labelled envelope to make it easier. Be sure to get this back to us in plenty of time- we need to order your T-shirt size!
Any questions with this Ocean Squad? Maybe you want a bit more information? Perhaps it’s fully booked or these aren’t the dates you can make? Drop us an email and we can answer all your questions, pop you on a reserves list, or give you information about future sessions.
It’s easy to get hold of us!
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call on 01752 275233 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm