It’s Pirate Weekend!
12th May 2017
Pirate Weekend is upon us! One of our favourite events in the Plymouth’s yearly calendar. This year we’ll be involved in lots of fun parts of the event, so why not take a look at the activities below and come and join us for a weekend of family fun!
Inside the Aquarium
- All children dressed as pirates come in for free this weekend
- There will be a Pirate Trail around the Aquarium
- We’ll have Pirate crafts in our Creative Centre
- And a very special Pirate Dive Show at 2pm
On the Barbican
- We’ll be sponsoring the beautiful Tall Ship the Johanna Lucretia, which will be docked in Sutton Harbour on Quay Square and is free for all to go aboard.
- We’ll be making Pirate hats
- We’ll have a collection of marine artefacts from turtle shells to shark teeth!
- Marina the Mermaid will be joining our pirate friends for story time
Pirate Weekend is on May 13th & 14th from 10am to 4pm. The National Marine Aquarium is open at 10am till 5pm with last entry at 4pm. We have shows/talks/feeds happening all day and all paying visitors get a free year pass with their entry.