Planning Your Visit
We offer a range of options for your education visit to the Aquarium, or we can visit you!
Use this page to help plan what your day might look like, then take a look at the key stage pages to tailor the content of your activities.
There are four great entry options for your group, ranging from the self-guided Explorer ticket, to a full day with our team as part of an Immersion Day. All options allow groups to remain in the building until it closes at 5pm.
- Immersion Day. £8.00 per student. A full day of activities based around a specific theme.
- Interactive Tour. £6.00 per student. 2 hour guided tour of the Aquarium. Your students will be taken round the aquarium by our teaching team. Each tour is tailored to meet the needs of your students and current programmes of study.
- Mermaid Challenge. £5.75 per student. A self guided visit with an extra 30 minute session where your children will have the chance to meet Marina, our mermaid, and hear stories of the sea as well as learn how some of our favourite sea creatures to move, hide, eat and sleep.
- Explorer. £5.25 per student. A self guided visit to the Aquarium, your students will have access to the whole Aquarium and to the full programme of public shows, talks and feeds.
|Immersion Day||Interactive Tour||Mermaid Challenge||Explorer Visit|
|Entry to the aquarium||x||x||x||x|
|Free Teacher Pre-visit||x||x||x||x|
|Meet & Greet||x||x||x||x*|
|2 hour tour||x||x|
|Free child RETURN ticket||x||x|
|Full day of activities||x|
*-Limited availability during busy periods
Additional activities to make the most of your visit
If you have a little spare time on your hands, why not add one (or more!) of the following activities onto your visit to really make the most of your trip?
- 1 hour workshop. £1.50 per student. Your students can take part in workshops designed to explore different conservation and curriculum linked topics in more detail. Subjects vary but can include, science, art, numeracy, literacy and more.
- 30 minute show. £1 per student. Treat your students to a short sharp blast of fun whilst exploring one of many different conservation or curriculum linked topics, in the form of a science show.
Minimum group booking is 12 people. You’re welcome to bring smaller groups, however you will be charged a minimum price relating to your chosen itinerary.
Free accompanying adults are welcome with all school groups within the following ratios:
- 1:3 free adults for Nursery and Foundation stage
- 1:7 free adults KS1 & 2
- 1:10 free adults KS3+
- Additional adults in a full time 1:1 support role with students attending the aquarium can also accompany the group free of charge
- Extra adults at £6.50 each (above ratio)Pre-visit information
Many of our shows and workshops can be run at your local school, club, community centre or even your next big event, so why not let us bring the fun to you?
- Short talk – up to 1 hour. £75.00
- Half day – up to 4 hours. £150.00
- Full day – up to 8 hours. £250.00
For more information about the options available for an outreach visit, check out the outreach tab in the left hand navigation bar.
Pre-visit teacher information
Please download and read the following documents, prior to your visit with the National Marine Aquarium
- Parent information from the National Marine Aquarium
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Pre-visit information
Paying for your visit
We accept payment in the form of cash, card (in person) or cheque on arrival or by invoice after your visit. In some cases pre-payment by BACS can be arranged.
All prices include VAT.
Submit an enquiry
Call our dedicated booking line on 01752 275233, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the enquiry form below.