Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematical skills are taught as a fundamental part of a child’s educational development. Here at the...
The National Marine Aquarium was the first aquarium in the UK that was set up solely for the purposes of education, conservation and research.
The Aquarium’s Learning Programme was developed by our dedicated Learning Team, and local teachers, as a way to complement the national curriculum. Our aim is always to deliver a fun, interactive learning experience outside the classroom. We have forged a reputation for excellence in informal education, serving tens of thousands of school pupils each year.
As well as being inspired by the amazing exhibits, we believe students learn best through hands-on experience – that’s why we have invested in a state-of-the-art learning centre: the Just Add H2O Headquarters.
The Just Add H2O Headquarters has the following facilities available at the Aquarium:
- The AquaLab for practical group workshops
- A TV studio to produce films
- A library of books, artefacts and loan boxes
- A science theatre to enable students to interact during shows
- The Creative Centre, full of artistic inspiration
- Seminar rooms fully equipped to enhance the learning experience
Further details can be discussed when booking your visit.